Control your UNI
- To start mapping, surveying or any other application; simply connect the UNI to your preferred device of use, let the UNI know how you want to work by following the set-up wizard and you are ready to go!
- Using the wizard; you can specify if the UNI functions as a rover or a base station, set your needed accuracy and enter parameters for receiving or streaming correction data. Once that's set, you only need to tell the UNI what to do with the positioning solution; log it internally, in the UNI cloud or use one of the many connection methods to stream it to your preferred (online) software or device of use.
- As a Base station; the UNI can stream corrections using industry standard NTRIP, TCP or RTCM 2.x / 3.x protocols to a UNI rover using the long range 868 / 915 MHz radio, or other devices using mobile data or WiFi.
- Acting as a (network) RTK rover; the UNI can receive RTCM 2.x / 3.x corrections from a UNI base over the long range 868 / 915 MHz radio, or work stand-alone while receiving corrections from a NTRIP provider to achieve CM accuracy. Or, in case your application allows lower accuracy or is not time-sensitive, you can use the UNI in DGPS mode or Static for post-processing.
- Whatever positioning method you use; the UNI offers you many possibilities to send out the positioning solution to your preference. Send the positioning solution to the UNI Cloud and integrate it in your software, send it in NMEA-0183 or NMEA-2000 protocols over Bluetooth, WiFi, Mobile Data, Serial RS232, CAN or USB to your device of use or simply store your data on a MicroSD card in RINEX format.
- Stay up to date; on what you are doing by checking your UNI's status on the various LED indicators, LED-ring and the UNI control software, which by the way will receive free updates when connected to the internet, keeping you up to date.
- Want to know what you can do with the positioning solution? Read on....
Use your UNI's positioning solution
- With the Level LED Ring; to efficiently assure your measurements are accurate on the spot you want to measure. Leveling your rover or base was never easier, with the LED ring indicating if your UNI is leveled right over the spot you want to measure. Just follow the LED indicators until the whole ring is green and the UNI is leveled.
- For Mapping & Surveying applications; with so many applications out there, we don't want to choose for you; you can choose which software you use for your mapping and surveying applications that suits your needs best. Supporting the NMEA-0183 protocol and many connection methods the UNI is supported by a wide variety of free or paid software applications, with extensive features to get your point collection, stakeouts and more going at full speed. And, for the basics, you can always log using the UNI control software.
- Guiding your Autopilot; the UNI gives your tractor, UAV or any other machinery the CM accurate coordinates it needs to do its work while you are focused on your coffee. Using NMEA-0183 or NMEA-2000 protocols on serial RS232, CAN, WiFi, Bluetooth or mobile data connections the UNI supports most autopilot or autosteering systems out there.
- In the cloud; while leaving your UNI in the field, monitor results from your office, download logs without connecting to the UNI and always have your data and settings safely stored. The cloud lets you sync your UNI at any time it is online so you never lose your settings or data. Multiple users or projects? Control settings, profiles and device access per user or per project, making sure efficiency is achieved and nothing goes wrong on the job. Read more about the cloud here!
- Integrate in your environment; by subscribing to the cloud you get access to the constantly developing API so you can set up your environment to work with your UNI. Make sure your data is automatically stored to your own servers or see and control your UNI's from your own software. We are always developing and looking to help your software or devices get smarter, we would love to hear what we can help you with!
- Or any other application; we are sure to say we can't even think of all possible applications, but with its universal character the UNI can probably support it! In doubt? Just get in touch with us and we will find a solution!
- Want to know what you need for a complete solution? Read on...
Complete your UNI
- To get the best results; in accuracy, in efficiency and financially there are some things to keep in mind and because we want you to make the right choice, you might want to complete your UNI;
- With a second UNI; to get real-time centimeter accuracy in a RTK Base-Rover set up. Real-time centimeter accuracy positioning solutions are generally achieved using the RTK method, where the UNI rover needs a constant input of a correction signal which can be provided by using a second UNI set-up as base station. The UNI base can provide corrections for an unlimited number of UNI's and other receivers locally. Or alternatively this signal can be provided to the UNI rover by;
- Using a reference network; to get centimeter accuracy on the go, wherever you want. You can subscribe to a correction provider with a reference network in your region for your RTK corrections. Since the UNI is capable of handling RTCM 2.x / 3.x and RINEX over mobile data or WiFi, the UNI is supported by most reference networks.
- With the UNI cloud service; to make use of your own software in the most efficient ways possible, using our API's or just to manage your work efficiently from everywhere. Read more about the cloud here.
- By placing the UNI in the right spot; keep in mind that GNSS technology relies on receiving satellite signals, which can be disturbed by fences or high buildings. Even though the UNI is capable of reaching high accuracy in challenging environments, it is good to realize that minimizing multipath by placing the UNI in the right locations always improves results.
- Using the UNI with other receivers and equipment; using the RTCM 2.x / 3.x and RINEX protocols over many connection methods the UNI can talk with a lot of receivers and equipment out there, so maybe you already are in possession of the right set-up to complete your UNI!
- Well, what's more to say? Get your UNI now or feel free to get in touch in case you have any questions!